I spent most of the month in my new home – in Hawaii! It was a great first look at what my life will be like there, especially since I worked remotely during most of my three-week trip. Aside from beach walks, sunrises, rainbows and the general magic of moving to Hawaii, here are the things that made my December wonderful:
- Mom and daughter trip to Barefoot Sage in Portland
- Decorating two houses for Christmas
- Crafty Wonderland in Portland – so much great art! I ended up buying the Ryan Berkeley “Wonder Kittens” print
- Watching kite-boarders on Kailua Beach
- Hiking the “Stairway to Heaven” – Haiku Stairs – breathtaking
- Watching big wave surfing on the North Shore
- Dean & Deluca gift box – delightful
- OnoPops at the farmers market – Kalamansi Coriander is killer
- Beach combing
- Prima Restaurant
It was a Christmas for two.
November was my first month without my sweetheart. I was hanging out here in Portland while he was beach combing and snorkeling on Oahu. OK, so he may have been doing a little bit of work at that new job of his. While it was quite the solitary time, I did manage to have some fun. I did yoga 3-4 times a week and was blessed to have great friends who still wanted to hang out. 🙂
Here are 10 things that made my month:
- Best friends – this couple rocks
- Mt. Tabor in the fall
- Rain or Shine Coffee House – a great post-yoga indulgence
- Veritable Quandary – one of Portland’s best kept brunch secrets
- Pyro Pizza – brick oven pizza cart
- Small dogs and the people who love them
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Arkansas
- Stumptown Coffee – you can’t start winter without it
- Going out to eat alone – it can be fun!
- Yoga Union – amazing teachers and a great studio
- Spending Thanksgiving with my favorite guy
May was a beautiful, busy month. Here are 10 things that made it great.
- Snowshoeing and sledding at Mt. Hood
- Bryan’s Bowl at Por Que No
- Making art again – I’ll have to share more about it later
- Staying at Cavallo Point Lodge
- My first trip to San Francisco
- Visiting Heath Ceramics
- Celebrating nine years of marriage with Comma Mister (the ceramic anniversary)
- Biking trip to San Juan Island
- Taking my bike on the ferry – cool experience
- My new road bike – I’m a bit obsessed
Are we having fun yet? Yes! Here are ten things that made me happy in March.
1. Staccato Gelato with my besty. Gelato in crazy-fun flavors and some pretty cool paintings on the walls.
2. Mt. Tabor Park … and brisk spring walks.
3. My first sailing trip. I loved it.
4. Council Crest Park with my mister. It’s fun to think about the amusement park that stood on these grounds until the 1930s.
7. Montavilla neighborhood shops, especially Branch and Birdie.
8. Minibreaks at McMenamins. I just die over cajun tots.
10. Shopping for my first road bike.