It was a quiet, happy month. Here are 10 things that made it so:
- Papaya – I love the reddish ones.
- Bringing out my stars and stripes All-Stars for the 4th of July parade.
- Delicious cherry tart – despite a crust catastrophe.
- Beautiful views out my car window.
- Beautiful view in my backyard.
- Beautiful views in my town.
- A super silly husband who draws faces on mangoes.
- Eating takeout flautas from Serg’s – with this view.
- A fantastic day at Hoomaluhia Botanical Gardens – bikes, picnic, shade, friend.
- Finishing my diving certification. Woo!
Our first visitors came to stay! And boy did they stay … for the entire month! What fun it was though. Here are 10 things that made me happy in March:
- Hanging out with two of our favorite people and showing off our new town.
- Lunches at Prima in Kailua.
- Playing tourist.
- Pie at Camille’s on Wheels
- Kayaking Kaneohe Bay
- The Monkey Bowl and Ginger Ono smoothie at Lanikai Juice
- Sunset at Shark’s Cove
- Strolling on the beach (so what if it makes me happy every month!)
- Checking out the Byodo-in Temple – it’s been quite a few years since I last visited here!
- Stumbling upon beautiful creations on the beach.
Home at last! I am officially a Hawaii resident – and I even have a driver’s license to prove it. On February 1, Mr. Kitty and I landed in Hawaii. What a journey this has been. The “house” arrived a couple of weeks later. We are settling in. Here are 10 things that made my month:
- My patient and very quiet travel companion on the flight over. (He was not happy, but at least he kept it to himself.)
- Flying over the windward side of Oahu – a rare treat. I could see my house from the plane!
- Being reunited with my love. <3
- Beautiful flowers.
- Weekend adventures and discovering new beaches.
- Sweet Home Waimanalo – my favorite restaurant.
- Sunrises at Kailua Beach – mmmm, the Mokuluas
- Sunsets at Kailua Beach – that burst of color as the sun disappears over the Kooluas. Until tomorrow.
- Opal Thai – amazing Thai food on the north shore.
- The arrival of our household goods. It is truly who and what you surround yourself with that makes a place feel like home.
A great month.
I spent most of the month in my new home – in Hawaii! It was a great first look at what my life will be like there, especially since I worked remotely during most of my three-week trip. Aside from beach walks, sunrises, rainbows and the general magic of moving to Hawaii, here are the things that made my December wonderful:
- Mom and daughter trip to Barefoot Sage in Portland
- Decorating two houses for Christmas
- Crafty Wonderland in Portland – so much great art! I ended up buying the Ryan Berkeley “Wonder Kittens” print
- Watching kite-boarders on Kailua Beach
- Hiking the “Stairway to Heaven” – Haiku Stairs – breathtaking
- Watching big wave surfing on the North Shore
- Dean & Deluca gift box – delightful
- OnoPops at the farmers market – Kalamansi Coriander is killer
- Beach combing
- Prima Restaurant
It was a Christmas for two.
November was my first month without my sweetheart. I was hanging out here in Portland while he was beach combing and snorkeling on Oahu. OK, so he may have been doing a little bit of work at that new job of his. While it was quite the solitary time, I did manage to have some fun. I did yoga 3-4 times a week and was blessed to have great friends who still wanted to hang out. 🙂
Here are 10 things that made my month:
- Best friends – this couple rocks
- Mt. Tabor in the fall
- Rain or Shine Coffee House – a great post-yoga indulgence
- Veritable Quandary – one of Portland’s best kept brunch secrets
- Pyro Pizza – brick oven pizza cart
- Small dogs and the people who love them
- Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art in Arkansas
- Stumptown Coffee – you can’t start winter without it
- Going out to eat alone – it can be fun!
- Yoga Union – amazing teachers and a great studio
- Spending Thanksgiving with my favorite guy