I wrote a new Oahu and Honolulu City Guide as a guest post for Design Sponge a few months ago. Life has been busy so I kind of forgot to write about writing it! The guide lists about 75 of my favorite shops, restaurants and things to do on Oahu. I split it into three areas – Honolulu (beyond Waikiki), the North Shore (Haleiwa) and Kailua (windward Oahu) and created a Google map to go along with it.
I hope fellow bloggers find it helpful as they plan to visit Oahu. And as I said in the post, I’ll probably still feel like a visitor years from now! I guess I should head over to see if anyone has left new recommendations in the comments. Speaking of comments, the format of the post is a little confusing because they left the comments up from a previous Hawaii city guide even though mine is completely new and only for Oahu. (Just skip down to June 2012 for the real comments.)
Here’s a peek at one of my favorite stores I listed in the guide – Pacific Home. I want that chair!
Good times in Hawaii. Here are 10 things that made me happy in September:
- Playing in Waikiki.
- More family visited. They stayed in town so it was fun to go out and be tourists. We went to the Okinawan Festival – this bonzai exhibit was great.
- Getting my iPhone 5!
- Exploring at Kaena Point – always a fun time.
- Whole Ox Deli – ahhhh-mazing breakfast. I die. No need for Portland anymore.
- Madre Chocolate – it’s good.
- Fresh lilikoi.
- Shirokiya – we go there quite a lot to grab ramen or whatever looks tasty. Reminds me of being in Japan. Which brings me to happiness about planning our upcoming Japan and Korea vacation.
- Starting to run again. Why am I so slow?! But the views are worth it – this spot was a treat!
- SUPing at flat island and to the Mokuluas.