October – our last month living in Oregon together. Much of the month involved getting the house ready to sell, but we made time for some great trips, Portland experiences and meals out with good friends.
Here are 10 things I loved about October:
- Walks at Powell Butte Nature Park – our neighborhood spot for the last seven years
- Nuestra Cocina – best fish ever, and a pretty good pumpkin soup
- Kayaks – we bought ourselves presents for our new life in Hawaii
- A walk at the lake – a great weekend with the parents
- Lark Press – great little shop with “designy” gifts and letterpress cards
- Beautiful autumn drives – one last road trip
- Laughing Planet – Cuban bowl and PB&J smoothie
- Scootering with my best friend – Comma Mr. finally bought a scooter
- The Oregon coast – I love my chilly beaches
- Screen Door – always a favorite
September was a wild month. Last month’s interview trip turned into a job offer … aaaaaaaand my husband and I decided to move to Hawaii!
Here are 10 things that made me happy in September.
1. The EMP – shows are so much cooler when they are at the Experience Music Project
2. Fashionable people who march to their own beat. Purple man-pris? Why, yes!
3. The Space Needle – my first trip up since toddlerhood
4. Free Starbucks at the “insider lounge” during Bumbershoot
5. A wonderful kitty who forgives his parents for making him go through surgery
6. Subtle reminders that you’ve made the right choice
7. Outdoor concerts with best friends – Bumbershoot Music and Arts Festival
8. Cooking things that I grew
9. Painting and picking the perfect shade of white
10. La Isla Puerto Rican restaurant – nom!