This may have been the first time EVER that I’ve taken time off work without going on vacation or hanging out with Comma Mister. Time off. By myself. With nothing to do. I wasn’t prepared!
The first day I acted like my OCD self and cleaned the entire house, created photo books I’ve been procrastinating on, weeded the garden and cooked a big dinner. I was beginning to wonder what stay at home wives do (those without children, that is)! Then I started getting the hang of it… here are some things you can do if you’re not at work: (I went ahead and tried them all.)
- Sleep in.
- Catch up on reading your favorite blogs.
- Take classes at the gym (no crowds during the day!)
- Go on coffee dates with friends who don’t work 9 to 5.
- Play with your new iPhone 4.
- Have a lunch date with your sweetie.
- Get a massage.
- Lay in the backyard with a refreshing drink and a book.
- Have a sleepover at friend’s house and stay up late!
Thanks to my 30 before 30 project, I learned that time off work (but not on vacation) is essential. Now I totally know what to do with “me time” …plus, I had such a fun time, I plan to incorporate this into my yearly “time off” plan. Call it work-life balance, a mental health day, personal day or whatever, it’s important and I’m there!