Last week I announced I was finally selling out and getting an iPhone. First off, I totally heart my new iPhone 4! Heart, heart, heart. I would guess this might be one of the more life-changing items on my 30 before 30 list. 🙂
After hearing about all the crap that went down for people who tried ordering with AT&T and those who waited in line for hours to pick up their pre-ordered iPhones at Apple stores, we were so glad we pre-ordered with Best Buy. They called the day before to set up a pick up time and we simply waltzed in on June 24 to pick them up. So easy! Did I mention, I hate waiting in lines?
We had one little hiccup, as the first phone they gave me had a dead space on the touch screen. It wouldn’t let me type the letters G and V when turned landscape. It was completely unresponsive on the middle left portion of the screen, even after several hard resets. (Initially I planned to take it anyway and exchange it in a few weeks for a white iPhone 4, but there is still not an anticipated arrival date and the phone was pretty jacked up.) Now that I’m madly in love with my new iPhone, I don’t care that it’s basic black.
Since this is my first iPhone, I’m not always sure which features are new for the iPhone 4/iOS4 versus the 3G and 3GS. For the last four days I’ve been glued to my iPhone 4. I admit, I’ve become one of those iPhone-obsessed people who evangelizes about how much it changed my life. I LOVE it and let’s just say I’ll be spending considerably less time on my laptop.
My favorite apps so far:
1. Sleep Cycle – How cool is it to track your sleep cycles? And I love the mesmorizing “warm breeze” wake up sound.
2. Words with Friends – If long, drawn-out scrabble games are not your thing, you can wait for hours or days between turns.
3. Shazam – For those “What song is this?” moments. It just feels magical.
5. My24 – Great for checking class schedules for the closest 24 Hour Fitness.
6. Realtor.com – Super fun for scoping out real estate. The app is faster and easier to use than the website, go figure.
7. Groupon – Not only can you browse and buy Groupons on the go, but you can use the iPhone app to present your Groupon to the cashier. (No more printed out Groupons floating around in my purse.)
8. Camera and HD Video – More of a feature than app, but I love having a great camera and HD video capabilities on the go. My Canon will be very lonely in the coming months.